Clean Cut Energy’s COVID-19 Response
As you are likely aware, the World Health Organization (WHO) has declared COVID-19 a pandemic and has instructed countries like Canada to take a measured response to this rapidly evolving situation. Clean Cut Energy Corp. (CCE) has been monitoring the changing situation closely and in response has very carefully been modifying our operating procedures to reflect the changing realities we currently face. Our primary objective with these changes is preserving the health and wellbeing of our customers, staff and communities. As such, we are strictly adhering to all recommendations provided by medical health professionals (e.g., Health Canada, Public Health, WHO) and government officials to meet the recommended measures, which include:
- All customer in-home repair work activities have been stopped until a time in which medical health and government officials have removed the instruction to practice social distancing. The only exception to this is in the case of an emergency.
- CCE has put strict policies in place for all employees that require that they work in self-isolation during this time.
- All CCE employees have been directed to self-quarantine themselves for the required 14 day period should they:
- believe or have been told that they may have been exposed to someone that may be infected;
- display cold or flu related symptoms; and
- if they have been in close contact with someone who has been told to self-quarantine.
- CCE staff are also required to inform management of whom else they may have been in contact with prior to their exposure so those people can be informed and also self-quarantine.
- CCE technician staff will continue to perform outdoor work such as collecting meter readings and repairs provided that self-isolation is maintained at all times
We continue to closely monitor recommendations provided by medical health professionals and government officials may be modifying our policies further in the future in response to their recommendations.
Through this time, we will continue to provide customer service during normal operating hours (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm). This includes phone calls and email responses to assist you with any questions you might have. We ask you to please be patient with our staff as they may be experiencing higher than normal inquiries. Additionally, we understand the financial hardship which may result for some of our customers that are unable to work during this time. We are committed to doing what we can to help and will be working with customers on a case-by-case basis to identify resolutions for payment with things like payment plans. If you find yourself in a situation where you are finding it difficult to make payments as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (226) 780-0284 x2.
The federal government has announced financial support for all those financially impacted by COVID-19, we trust that this support will greatly help our communities through this time and encourage you to get more information at www.canada.ca. Any potential temporary changes to utility rates or the creation of any special financial assistance programs will be determined by the Ontario Government in consultation with the Ontario Energy Board (OEB). Should these measures be put in place, we are committed to implementing them for those customers for whom they apply.
Condominiums are first and foremost communities. We believe that history has shown us that the character of a community is most prominently displayed during difficult times by people that put their differences aside to achieve a common good. At the moment, that common good is self-isolation and reducing the potential spread of this virus. It is vitally important that during self-isolation you still remain connected virtually by phone, email, text or through social media to those in your community so neither of you feel alone. Fear and panic is as much our enemy as this virus and it has its roots in disconnected isolation. Staying connected with those you care about is the best way we know of to keep each of us focused on the wellbeing of our family, friends and neighbors during this time because we all face this situation together.
CCE stands ready to help the communities we serve, however we can, during this difficult time and we will inform you as we identify more ways to be of assistance.
Mike Kazmaier, P.Eng
Clean Cut Energy Corp.